How We Collect Information
Use of Information
Your information may be held and used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include:
- enabling the authorisation and processing of credit card transactions relating to the purchase of services from Modica;
- enhancing your experience of our sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users;
- our own marketing purposes to make you aware of other Modica products and services, or those of our group companies which we believe may be of interest to you;
- contacting you about the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us not to in writing);
- sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in polls and message boards;
- determining which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how many users in total read each page and how they linked to that page. This helps us continue to build a better service for you;
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- analysing the data obtained for use and contracting with third parties to provide that information. The data provided will not allow the third parties to identify you.
Modica never shares mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
Sharing your Personal Information
Modica may also pass personal information, relating to you, for any particular purpose to certain third parties including:
- our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our dealers and suppliers;
- credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- if someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- carefully selected third parties who we reasonably believe provide products or services that may be of interest to you (unless you ask us not to in writing);
- those involved in the prevention or detection of fraud or crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, including the operators and participants of crime prevention schemes in which we participate who may compare your personal information with information collected from other sources and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name; persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority; and anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- any other third party for the following specific purposes:
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Modica and its web sites;
- to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Modica, its web site, or the public.
Security of Your Information
Modica carefully protects the security of your personal information and honours your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Inside the company, data is stored and processed in password-controlled servers with limited access.
Opting in and Opting Out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the website, beta testing or promotional activities.
Access to Your Personal Information
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 individuals have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Modica Group Limited PO Box 9879 Wellington 6141 New Zealand This policy does not affect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993. For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, see http://www.privacy.org.nz.